Monastery S. Miguel de Refojos
The Monastery of San Miguel de Refojos de Basto, It has no known date for its foundation, mas o rei D. Afonso Henriques, in 1131 granted letter of couto to mosteiro.A Church of the Convent was rebuilt in 1690, that date being the two towers, the current monastery was completed around 1770. With the extinction of religious orders, in 1834, the monastery was sold.
The church is Baroque style, on the facade are placed life-size statues, the founder of S Order. Bento, St. Benedict of Nursia, and St. Scholastica. In the High Altar highlight the gilded. In the choir stalls, with two floors and 45 seats, It is a good example of the Benedictine tradition.
Source: (City Guide, 2016)