House of Baron de Basto
The Baron's House, It was built, in the years 1755-1758, by Abbot Friar Francisco de San José, the Monastery of S. Miguel de Refojos, to work around the Couto of the Court of Refojos de Basto.
With the extinction of religious orders, in 1834, the monastery and all the goods that were part, including the court house, They are sold at auction and bought by João António Fernandes Basto. In 1853, the home of the old courthouse is destroyed by fire. logo rebuilt, very naturally with modified interior, no longer have as a purpose the sections were any institution as a court.
However, in 24 August 1873, the one who had bought at auction, João António Fernandes Basto, passes away, and goes home, as an inheritance, for his nephew, Alexandre José Fernandes Basto, that turns into hostel. In the late nineteenth century, the house is remodeled and redecorated and is now housing Julio José Fernandes Basto, Baron de Basto, who was one of three brothers Alexandre Basto.
Source: (Ecos, 2016)